MasterCard plans to launch a range of services in the US, Brazil and Israel next year as part of the Crypto Source project.
As part of the cooperation with the Paxos Trust Company, MasterCard plans to provide banks with access to the following features:
- A comprehensive set of services for buying, holding and selling certain crypto assets;
- Consulting and marketing services;
- Technology and partner support;
- Security management, including Mastercard’s verified identity solutions;
- Cybersecurity services, crypto analytics, transaction monitoring, anti-money laundering.
This is a serious bid to integrate cryptocurrencies into our usual banking services from one of the market leaders.
The interesting thing is that the integration route has been chosen, rather than preparing internal solutions, such as on XRP. Perhaps in the future we will see many more similar solutions, but from the leaders of the fiat market, not just startups.